Friday, January 27, 2006

Busy Busy Week

After introducing the Pelvicachromis Taeniata into my planted tank. Saw a fellow forummer giving away a free pair of kribs aka Pelvicachromis Pulcher. Just like a typical kiasu singaporean, I pm the bro and amazingly I was first :) Collected the pair last Wednesday. Brother Phng has a very impressive 6ft tank full of apistos. There were also very nice big pieces of driftwood with huge flourishing nanas tied on them. Breath-taking. Was a pleasure chatting with Brother Phng, who has such a good knowledge of cichlids. This guys has been there and seen it all. Central American, Malawis, Tanganyikans, Plecos and now South American dwarfs...

Anyway, back to the kribs, they are huge! The male is almost 4", probably at its biggest. They are so much bigger than the two P. Taeniata that I bought a few days earlier. After comparing the two, kinda makes me wonder why i paid so much for the first pair. I can't even tell them apart! hahaha...

Anyway because of their size, I had to drive down to C328 at almost 11pm after collecting the fish to buy a small tank. Also bought a few nanas to go along. By the time I was through with the fishes, it was almost 1am. Added some katapang leaves in the tank as well. Was told that in their natural habitat, the river bed consists of all these dead leaves. So now, I can't even see anything, the tank's all brownish...:)

Phew..have made two long journeys to the east this week...wait...i just returned from CF as well..and I usually dun come back empty handed. Will share soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home