Tuesday, January 11, 2005

1st Day of Tank Cycling

Added a few more "expendable" fishes into my tank for cycling. I admit I am impatient. Well the guilelines given is 25% of the total number of fish that the tank can support.
My tank's about 70 gallons, translating to 70 inches of fishes. 25% of tht is 17.5" of fish for cycling. Had wanted to buy 5 yellow labs together with the 5 rosy barbs (known to be hardy), but I succumbed. Ended up buying 5 yellow labs and 4 Melanochromis johanni. Now I think i have about 25" of fishes in there. As it was the first day, the reading shows 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite and 0 nitrate. I am expecting some ammonia today.

Anyway, found some good reviews of a new product called Bio-Spira which is known to cycle a tank in 2-4 days! However i don't think it is available in Singapore yet.

More on Bio Spira here

I am also in the process of closing a deal to sell 3 of my precious zaires. Need to clear them to reduce the bioload.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home