Tuesday, August 23, 2005

My First Discus Planted

Yes, I gave in. Bought two Red Carnation discus from a fellow forummer. Apparently these fellas are probably not the highly prized ones cos he sold me at only $15 a piece and even gave me one free. There are ppl selling discus almost everyday in the forum. Most ppl sell in pairs and they are pretty expensive cos the pairs have bred before. As I dun intend to breed, I don't really need to buy confirm pairs. After biddingg my time for 2 weeks, finally saw a post with pics that i like. The two carnations look like wild brown heckels to me. They are also at the right size, about 4-4.5"

Here are some pics.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tank at 4 weeks old. Just some cherry shrimps.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

3 discus, some cherry shrimps. Plants: Riccia, Mini-moss, Hairgrass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home