Sunday, August 14, 2005

Two Down

I have finally decided to quarrantine my pimpled front yesterday. Noticed that the wound size has increased. Seems like the dosing of melafix on the main tank didn't work. I almost wanted to drop it into the same tank as my "bloatting" tropheus but at the very last moment decided against it. Managed to dig out an old plastic tank that I used for cultivating BB.

Started by dosing the fella in a salt bath, approx 0.3% salt(marine salt and epsom salt). It was breathing hard for the first 30 minutes. Afterwhich i did a 50% water change and added a some melafix. By the evening it was doing well and even ate a little.

The wound didn't look any better today. Did another 50% water change and added two drops of Sera Baktopur. Immediately when the medication was dropped, the fish started to swim up and down, I suspect the medicine must have touched the wound.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The bloated tropheus seems to have "slimmed down" quite a bit as compared to 4 days ago when it was all fat and puffy. I hope this is a sign that it is recovering and not because it hasn't been eating. Still detecting white string of poo in the tank and also noticed a few fallen scales as well. The water also has this particular smell, could be because of the yellow powder.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On hindsight, I think it was right not to put them together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home